WWE-UFC merged company will be called TKO

World Wrestling Leisure Inc. Chairman Vince McMahon seems within the ring through the WWE Monday Evening Uncooked present on the Thomas & Mack Middle August 24, 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Ethan Miller | Getty Photos

World Wrestling Leisure and Endeavor’s UFC introduced final month they’d merge later this yr. Now we all know the identify of the mixed firm.

The brand new operation will probably be referred to as TKO Group Holdings, a spokesperson for Endeavor confirmed Tuesday. As beforehand introduced, it should commerce on the New York Inventory Trade beneath the ticker TKO. The identify is a reference to the skilled combating time period “technical knockout.”

With the deal, Endeavor and WWE hope to create a sports activities leisure large valued at greater than $20 billion.

Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel may even be the CEO of TKO Group, whereas Vince McMahon, WWE’s controlling shareholder and longtime boss, will function govt chairman of the brand new firm. Endeavor will personal a 51% stake, whereas WWE shareholders will get the remaining 49%.

Emanuel has stated he intends to run “the identical playbook” with WWE that Endeavor did with UFC, whose income surged 20% from 2021 to 2022.

“We now have a observe file of success with media rights,” Emanuel stated final month. “WWE has related scale to UFC. Within the universe of belongings at this scale, the chance is uncommon and finite.”

The deal is slated to shut within the second half of the yr. UFC and WWE will retain their respective names as a part of TKO Group.

Regardless of WWE being scripted and UFC that includes genuine fights, the 2 organizations share a lot in frequent when it comes to their fight sports activities content material and cultures.

“That is going to be UFC 2.0,” Emanuel stated in an interview that aired final month on CNBC’s “Squawk on the Road.”

Back To Top