The Real Estate Agent’s Guide To Creating Handwritten Notes
Writing notes is not only about ticking off a field in your to-do record and even having good manners. It’s about delighting the recipient with a heartfelt, honest and, most of all, private type of communication.
Within the guide of Proverbs, King Soloman says that “A phrase fitly spoken is like apples of gold in footage of silver.” Fitly right here means “correctly,” and what’s a extra correct type of communication than a handwritten word?
For many people, handwritten notes had been a staple of rising up with dad and mom who insisted that we write “correct” thanks notes for birthday presents, Christmas presents, graduations, showers and extra. Whereas we could have considered it as a matter of etiquette, it’s actually a lot greater than that.
Handwritten notes are in all probability the warmest and most private type of communication, so incorporating them as a part of your advertising plan is the right approach to create a more in-depth relationship along with your sphere of affect. Right here’s why you have to be writing them, instruments you must use and a few concepts for tips on how to write them as properly.
Advantages of handwritten notes for actual property brokers
There’s a cause that handwritten notes are such a preferred a part of so many brokers’ advertising plans. From new brokers to veterans, they provide unparalleled outcomes. Right here’s why they work so properly:
Everybody is aware of that actual property is a relationship enterprise, and handwritten notes assist to construct these relationships. As a result of they really feel so private and considerate, they make an enormous impression and guarantee everybody from members of your SOI to results in referral companions that they’re particular to you — and worthy of your time and a spotlight.
Improved consumer satisfaction
The private outreach that handwritten notes present leads to improved consumer satisfaction. Nobody desires to really feel like they’re only a quantity. Each consumer you may have desires to really feel like your favourite. Reaching out with a handwritten word can accomplish that, particularly while you embrace private particulars.
Elevated chance of referrals
The connection you construct with handwritten notes can simply translate into extra referrals, particularly in case you proceed to speak with previous shoppers lengthy after the closing. As a result of private notes are sometimes stored for months or years, they outlast nearly every other kind of promoting collateral and hold you high of thoughts for years to return.
Varieties of handwritten notes for actual property brokers
When you don’t want an excuse to ship a handwritten word, listed here are some key instances within the lifecycle of your consumer relationship when a handwritten word is especially welcome.
Whether or not you’re thanking them for his or her enterprise, for a referral or for being a good friend, your recipient can be thrilled with a handwritten thanks word. Discover loads of concepts and examples in my article: The way to write the right thank-you word assured to generate leads
How do you retain your nice first impression going after a list appointment, purchaser session, or interviewing along with your dream crew or brokerage? With a promptly delivered handwritten follow-up word. Recap your dialog, finish along with your CTA (name to motion) and, as at all times, specific your honest gratitude.
‘Simply checking in’ notes
Haven’t heard from a favourite consumer or referral associate shortly? Attain out and renew the connection with a well-timed checking in word. You by no means actually need an excuse to say “Hello” on this means, however if you need one try their social media feeds for current life modifications or accomplishments.
Reasonably than sending out preprinted playing cards on the holidays, think about a handwritten word as a substitute. Supply your warmest private needs on a chic piece of stationery with a border coloration that displays the season.
Suggestions for writing efficient handwritten notes
Wish to make it possible for your handwritten notes are having the influence you need on the recipient? Preserve these tips in thoughts:
- Preserve it concise. This isn’t the time to provoke an extended dialog. It’s simply an opportunity so that you can contact base. If you wish to have an extended dialog, accomplish that by cellphone or in individual.
- Be private. Attempt to embrace one thing in regards to the recipient or about their transaction to make your word extra private and fewer generic.
- Use correct grammar and spelling. Should you’re not nice at these parts, have somebody proofread your notes for accuracy.
- Use high-quality paper and pens. It could sound old school, however the kind of writing parts you utilize makes a distinction in the best way your word is perceived. Put money into heavyweight stationery and a high-quality pen with both darkish blue or black ink.
Greatest practices for incorporating handwritten notes into your actual property enterprise
- Schedule time for word writing, ideally as soon as per week or for a couple of minutes every day.
- Use a CRM to trace notes and the non-public particulars that make them simpler.
- Personalize notes for every recipient, referring to them the best way that you’d in actual life.
- Use handwritten notes together with digital communication to bolster your message and enhance your contact.
- Prepare your crew or brokerage on the significance of handwritten notes and think about offering them with stationery and stamps so that they don’t have any excuse for not writing their notes. Take into account holding collaborative note-writing classes to make it a enjoyable group exercise.
Writing notes is not only about ticking off a field in your to-do record and even having good manners. It’s about delighting the recipient with a heartfelt, honest and, most of all, private type of communication. Incorporate handwritten notes into your outreach and see what an influence they’ve, each on you and on the folks to whom you ship them.
Christy Murdock is a contract author, coach and marketing consultant and the proprietor of Writing Actual Property. Join with Writing Actual Property on Instagram and subscribe to the weekly roundup, The Ketchup.